How it works
Step 1: Sign up to become a member (for job seekers looking for office jobs).
- Step 2: Tell us which jobs you want verified. You can do this one of two ways:
- 1) Either upload your Record(s) of Employment (the document the employer gives you when you leave your job);
- 2) Enter the contact information for your last 3 employers (within 5 years). When considering who to list as a contact, we accept: Human Resources Personnel, Payroll Personnel, Company Owners, Managers or Supervisors. We do not verify employment with former co-workers.
You will receive a 2 - 5 star rating based on how we verify your employment:
5 Stars - Record of Employment
4 Stars - HR Manager / Payroll Administrator / Company Owner
2 Stars - Manager or Supervisor
- Step 3: Job Proof will contact your previous employers and confirm two things: 1). Your Job Title and 2). How long you held that position. We will not ask anything related to salary, reason for leaving, job performance, etc... (it is not relevant for our purposes of verifying employment). If you upload your Record(s) of Employment, we will not contact your previous employer(s).
- Step 4: Once verified, we will email you a confirmation certificate containing your unique reference number.
- Step 5: When applying for office jobs, attach your confirmation certificate with your resume and/or cover letter.
*Please note: Potential employers will NOT have access to your R.O.E. Job Proof will generate a report with only two key points of information: Your job title and dates of employment—all other information (including S.I.N.) will not be accessible as it is not relevant for our purposes of verifying employment.
*To protect the integrity of our services, we reserve the right to research any contact name given to ensure they do indeed hold one of the accepted positions listed above.